A scar is a mark left after the natural healing process of the skin for wound or cut. There are different kinds of scars, some are light, smooth, and almost invisible. While others are darker, visible and very noticeable. Most of its sufferers are women but can be seen in men too. These scars or stretched marks are often found on face, arms, and legs.
People try different ways to get rid of scars and marks, and even go as far as surgery. But before you take any serious action, let me tell you about the fantastic coconut oil remedy for scars.
Before we start, let me tell you why coconut oil is most effective in scars, stretched marks, and even acne.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why choose Coconut Oil for Treating your Scars? (FACTS)
- 2 How to use Coconut Oil for Scars?
- 3 Some Tips and Precautions for Using Coconut Oil on your Scars
- 4 It’s time to take action
Why choose Coconut Oil for Treating your Scars? (FACTS)
Some benefits of the coconut oil are:
- It contains lauric acid which is antibacterial and anti-viral, so it removes and kills the acne causing bacteria.
- Coconut oil is quite similar to your skin’s natural oil (sebum), It means fewer chances of clogging of pores when used as a moisturizer on the skin.
- It prevents oxidation of your wounds and speed up the skin’s natural healing process.
- Coconut oil also helps cool, and soothe your skin, and help get rid of irritation and redness from acne.
- When consumed orally, Coconut Oil takes care of the proper functioning of your digestive system by Improving your bowel movements. Pimple-free or scar-free skin can be just a dream without a good digestive system.
- Coconut oil encourages the growth of a healthy new skin because of some of its constituents like caprylic acid, capric acids, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
- Coconut Oil also promotes the production of collagen, which helps improve skin’s elasticity, keeping it supple, glowing, and scars free.
- Coconut Oil contains antioxidants, which give protection against the free radicals that can cause acne. It also helps create new and healthy skin cells.
- Coconut Oil can help acquire an even skin tone, means it will make your scars less visible.
How to use Coconut Oil for Scars?
The Coconut Oil can be used alone as well as in combination with other natural and effective products to treat your scars or to reduce the appearance of it. I will suggest trying all the methods one by one with consistency to see some magical results.
Here are some of the best practices to heal scars naturally with coconut oil.
1- Use Pure Coconut Oil on your Marks/Scars
Who doesn’t like to use natural and organic things on their skin? Instead of buying the typical ones from grocery stores, using pure coconut oil will speed up the process of healing and will make your scar go away.
Follow these Steps:
- Wash your affected areas with any milder soap or face wash, then pat it dry with a soft and cleaned towel.
- Apply the organic oil and massage for about 6 minutes to make sure it absorbed into the skin.
- Remove it with a tissue paper in the next morning or let it stay for at least 10 minutes after the massage.
- Wash your face with warm water.
2- Use Coconut Oil with Lemon Juice to heal your scars
You may already know about the amazing healing properties of Lemon Juice in nearly all type of acne problems as long as it is used moderately and with some precautions. Lemon is high in astringent which not only kills the bacteria but also improves the body immune system too.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of freshly extracted juice with about 4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Stir well to get a fluffy texture.
- Massage the mixture over your scars and leave it overnight (or 15 minutes).
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Do this for two to three times a week.
Note: You can keep the remaining mixture in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Warning: Make sure that it does not touch your healthy skin and should be applied only on the scars.
3- Coconut Oil with raw Honey
Who don’t know the wonderful healing properties of honey? Honey is being used for centuries for treating many diseases and infections. It kills the bacteria and speeds up the process of healing when applied superficially on cuts and wounds. Honey can also do wonders if consumed orally.
- Mix about one tablespoon of both Coconut Oil and Raw Honey.
- Apply and massage on your marks or acne scars for about 6 minutes.
- I recommend leaving it overnight, but you should leave it on for minimum 10 minutes after a proper massage.
- Rinse it off with cool water, pat it dry, and follow up with a topical moisturizer (or pure Coconut Oil).
4- Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera for Scars
Aloe Vera is also one of the oldest home remedies for treating scars or acne marks naturally and efficiently. It’s antiseptic, and disinfectant properties make it an excellent option for getting rid of other pimple problems too.
Follow the Steps:
- Extract the liquid out of a fresh leave of Aloe Vera.
- Mix it with coconut oil and create a mixture of your desired volume.
- Cleanse your face with any milder cleanser and dry it with a clean towel.
- Apply the mixture on your scars and massage it.
- Let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and follow up with cold water.
- Apply a moisturizer.
5- Coconut Oil Oral Treatment for Acne and Scars
Coconut Oil when consumed orally, kills the acne causing bacteria and promote healing of the scars.
Follow the Steps:
- Start consuming a small amount of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil before each meal, i.e. ¼ tablespoon.
- Increase the dosage to 1 tablespoon after some time.
- Start adding coconut oil to your water, juice, and coffee, etc.
- You can use it for baking and cooking too.
Some Tips and Precautions for Using Coconut Oil on your Scars
- Before using coconut oil on your skin, the best way is to steam up or wash your affected areas with warm water to open up the pores.
- Always wash your hands before using it to be on the safe side.
- I recommend applying it before you hit the bed.
- Try to use organic and pure extra virgin oil, but if you can’t acquire it, then use whatever you have.
- Coconut Oil can be sometimes uncomfortable on some skins, if this is your case, then opt for natural remedies for scars.
- Make sure that your body is hydrated throughout the day, eat healthy food, do exercise regularly, and reduce your stress by some meditation technique or talking to your loved ones or visiting your favorite and green places.
- Excess of everything is wrong, don’t overuse, it may cause more damage than good.
- Last one! If you are using it with lemon juice and during the day time, then avoid direct sunlight, you can wear sunscreen for this purpose. Because lemon juice can increase the sensitivity of your skin to UV rays.
Our Recommended Extra Virgin Coconut Oil on Amazon:
It’s time to take action
I hope you would have a good understanding by now about how and why to use Coconut Oil for Scars to make them disappear completely or make them less visible.
It’s time for you to take action, use these methods one by one to find out which one is best for you. Remember that the key to success is consistency, stick to one remedy at a time.
And if you want to know more health benefits of coconut oil then try out this article from cognitune, which talks about Coconut Oil for Weight Loss and Ketosis.
Don’t forget to share your experience with us that which one worked best for you!
Stay healthy and Happy!
Do you appreciate my efforts and want to say thanks? If yes, then Share this article with your friends, family, and relatives 🙂