Are you looking to know about how to get rid of a rash? If so, then you are at the right place. Here I am going to share some words of wisdom that will surely help you in identifying your rash, its causes, treatment, and how to prevent your body from rash outbreaks.
A rash is a change in the color, appearance, or texture of the skin which may be on a single part of the body or on your all skin. Rashes may cause your skin to change its color, itch, become warm, dry, cracked, blistered, bumpy, chapped, swell, and pain.
Due to all these problems, the treatment of rashes varies widely. Certain things must be taken into account for diagnosis; Occupation of the patient, and what other things he/she is exposed to, rashes occurrence in family members, and the appearance of the rash.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the Symptoms of rashes?
- 2 Possible Causes of Skin Rash
- 3 Natural Remedies to get rid of a rash
- 4 When to see a Dermatologist for Skin Rashes?
- 5 Last Lines
What are the Symptoms of rashes?
Common signs and symptoms of skin rashes include:
- Burning or Stinging sensation
- Redness (of course!)
- Tiny bumps or blisters on the skin
- Red colored rings
- Rough skin
Possible Causes of Skin Rash
A study on medicinenet.com indicates that many people having a rash have similar causes of the skin condition (rashes). Few patients mentioned that their rashes oozed in the start, scabs formed, and bled easily. Others told that their rashes are more likely to appear due to the seasonal changes, after eating certain foods, or when they started taking new medications. Various Patients said that the outbreak happened on one part of the body in the start, and then spread to the other parts.
Some other common causes of itchy skin rashes are:
- Eczema: It is a skin condition that can make the skin inflamed, red, scaly, and itchy and the bumps mainly appear on elbows or knees. Eczema can affect both the Childs and adults, and it’s not contagious
- Heat: When the sweat gets trapped in the blocked pores of the skin, it results in the inflamed skin which is called a Heat Rash. Rash on inner thigh can also be caused by the same process (Heat Rash).
- Bacteria and Fungus: Skins are likely to get more rashes if exposed to various bacteria and viruses. For example, a fungal infection causes Ringworm which then causes a circular red rash on the skin.
- Certain Drugs: There are various medications that your body can be allergic to, and can show some reactions on your skin including Rashes. The drug rashes may cause bumpy skin, redness, itchiness, or hives which can be undone if you stop taking that medication.
- Hives: Hives can also be a cause of skin rashes which means the itchy and stingy bumps may be a reaction of your body to various allergens. However, Stress, extreme temperature, etc. can also cause hives on your skin.
- Wrong Skin Products: There are good chances to get rashes when your skin comes in contact with some skin products or chemicals that your skin is particularly sensitive to. Avoiding those skin products can do a lot of good to your skin.
Natural Remedies to get rid of a rash
Try these effective remedies to remove your rashes at home. If your rashes are not so dangerous and you have simple red and inflamed skin, then these remedies will surely help you.
Use Cold Compress to get rid of heat rash on Face Overnight
A cold compress is an easy remedy to soothe a rash and reduce the itching and burning caused by a rash. A cold compress can work great on the rashes due to heat, insect bites and shingles especially when the rash starts to develop into blisters form.
Applying ice on your skin will reduce the pain, swelling, and nerve activity which is directly related to reducing and removing effects of rashes.
- Wrap a few pieces of ice in a clean towel or washcloth.
- You can also use a soaked towel or washcloth in cold water after the water is removed from it.
- Apply it on your affected area for few minutes or until it becomes uncomfortable.
- Wait for about an hour before applying it again.
- Repeat the process few times until the redness is reduced or the rashes go away completely.
Note: Try not to use a washcloth again (Unwashed) to avoid spreading of the rashes. Or you can use paper towels for this purpose.
Precaution: Don’t put ice directly on your skin because it increases the chances of frostbite.
Aloe Vera for Skin Rashes
Aloe Vera is one of the best remedy for getting rid of the rashes, and it works in almost every skin problem. Aloe Vera has some amazing healing properties that can make your inflammation go away completely and reduce the redness as well as discomfort.
Follow the steps:
- Get a fresh leaf of Aloe Vera and extract the juice (gel) out of it.
- Apply it on your rashes with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it on overnight if possible else wash it off with cold water after 30 minutes.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel for 2 to 3 time a day till I receive some good news from you. (in the comments J )
Note: Fresh Aloe Vera is great but if you can’t acquire it, then its cream, lotion, ointments etc. can do the job as well.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Also referred as Cider Vinegar or ACV is an excellent remedy to get relief from the itching and swelling from rashes. It is high antiseptic and disinfectant agent. Because of its acids, ACV works as a natural antibacterial cleaner to clear away your skin irritations and infections. It also prevents the skin irritations from getting more worse.
Since the pH value of your skin is often higher than normal during rashes, the acetic acid of ACV helps maintain it balanced for your skin’s good.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar on your rashes?
- Dilute Apple Cider Vinegar with an equal volume of water.
- Apply the solution directly on your rashes with the help of a cotton ball; you may shower first then use for good results.
- Wash it off after 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do this no more than 3 times a day, and I hope you will be happy with the result.
If the more of your skin is affected with rashes, then you can take a bath in ACV and Water.
- Ada 2 cups of raw cider vinegar in a warm water filled tub.
- Soak in the tub and relax for about 25 minutes.
- Do this 3 times a week even if the rashes are not all over your body.
Remember that ACV is a strong anti-microbial agent and works well only on fungus related rashes.
Warning: Do not use pure apple cider vinegar on your skin ever because it can further increase your irritation.
Try Oatmeal to get rid of the Poison ivy rashes
Oatmeal is excellent for removing redness and irritation because of its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Bathing in a Colloidal Oatmeal (ground oatmeal) method has been used for centuries to cure skin inflammation. It instantly reduces the irritation due to insect bites, dermatitis, or your skin’s reaction to poison ivy.
Study have shown that Colloidal Oatmeal works as a natural moisturizer and reduce inflammation, stops itching, and repairs skin. Another great news is that study also have proofs that Oatmeal can help reduce the drug rashes in all patients who will use it.
Steps to Follow:
- Mix 1 to 2 cups of fine oatmeal in a tub filled with warm water.
- Soak in the solution for 20 minutes at least.
- You can take a bath with clean water if you want.
- Repeat this daily until you see betterment.
- This can also cure the diaper rash.
Note: If the rashes are only on your skin, then make a thick paste of oatmeal, yogurt, and honey—Wash it off after 30 minutes and repeat daily until your rashes go away.
Baking Soda to get rid of a rash on your Chest or Neck
Baking Soda can also be used as a home remedy for many skin conditions which is a good anti-bacterial agent that kills the rashes causing germs and help in drying out the affected areas of the skin.
A study of Journal of Dermatological Treatments shows that the patients who bathed in the baking soda stated improvements in their condition.
In short, a Baking Soda bath can kill the bacteria that causes rashes on your skin and will make the rashes drier.
Follow the Steps:
- Mix about a cup of baking soda to a bathtub filled with warm water.
- Soak in the mixture for about 20 minutes to reduce the inflammation.
- Rinse off with tap water if you want and then pat dry.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer because the baking soda can cause dryness on your skin.
- Do this once or twice a week to make your rashes vanished.
- This will also get rid of the rash between your legs or on other private areas.
Note: In case you don’t like or can’t bath in baking soda, then make a mixture of baking soda and water — then apply it on your affected areas— Leave it until it dries and then rinse off with cold water—Repeat this twice a day.
Prevention is Better than Cure
Learn how you can avoid getting rashes outbreak by taking some preventative measures.
- Consume a good amount of Vitamin C as it eliminates every threat against your skin.
- Avoid getting in contact with various plants or substances you are allergic to. Also, try identifying the plants that can be the reason behind allergic rashes like poison oak and poison ivy.
- Try wearing sunscreen when going out because a direct sunlight can also cause rashes on your skin.
- Keep your skin moist with a good skin moisturizer.
- Keep in mind that rubbing your rashes can spread the irritation, so avoid it.
- Last but not the least, avoid using chemical based soaps and various skin products that you feel uncomfortable about. Or ask your doctor he can recommend you better products according to your skin type.
When to see a Dermatologist for Skin Rashes?
Rashes are generally benign but sometimes they are life-threatening too (very rare). When a rash doesn’t go away sometime, or a suddenly developed new rash could be a sign of the serious medical condition.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests that If your rash has any of the following symptoms, then you need an immediate dermatologist’s assistant.
- High fever along with a skin rash.
- Your rash develops suddenly and spread very fast.
- You have breathing problem along with a rash or rashes.
- Your rash/rashes is/are painful or become infected.
- Rashes are covering a large area or they are all over your body.
Alright, I hope you would have a sound knowledge about How to get rid of a rash or rashes, what causes it, and what are its symptoms. Tell us in the comments that which one of the remedies are you going to try? Remember that the above remedies work great on almost all type of treatable rashes and are not only limited to cure rashes on one part of the body. It can treat rashes whether they are on your chest, neck or genital etc.
Do you appreciate my efforts? Want to say thanks to me? If so, then please share this article on your social accounts to thank me! your single share means a lot to us.
Keep Visiting HealthPursue for more useful content.
Have a Healthy and Happy Life!