Nobody likes to have acne on their skin whether it is Blackheads or Whiteheads, Nodules or Pustules, or any other type of acne. You don’t want any type of acne on your face… right? Then read this article till the end in which I will be sharing some words of wisdom about how to Get Rid of Blackheads on nose and face and of course some extra knowledge about this topic too.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are Blackheads?
- 2 What Causes Blackheads
- 3 How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose with Natural Home Remedies
- 3.1 1) Use Lemon to remove blackheads from nose and face
- 3.2 2) Try Green Tea Solution to Remove Blackheads
- 3.3 3) Remove blackheads from nose using toothpaste
- 3.4 4) Egg White mask to remove blackheads on nose instantly
- 3.5 5) The Super Milk and Honey Remedy: Make your own Pore Strips
- 3.6 6) Consider Using Honey and Cinnamon Strips
- 3.7 7) Oatmeal and Yogurt mask to get rid of Blackheads on nose and face instantly
- 3.8 8) Baking Soda Exfoliation on your nose
- 3.9 9) Use Sugar Scrub to treat blackheads
- 3.10 10) Clay Time, Baby!
- 4 How to Prevent Blackheads
- 4.1 1) Keep your face clean
- 4.2 2) Don’t Pick or Squeeze a blackhead
- 4.3 3) Keep your hairs off your face
- 4.4 4) Clean your bedsheet regularly
- 4.5 5) Showering before bed
- 4.6 6) Showering after Vigorous activities
- 4.7 7) Remove your makeup before hitting the bed
- 4.8 8) Use oil-free skin products
- 4.9 9) Use a Cleanser that contains glycolic acid or Salicylic acid
- 4.10 10) Daily Exfoliation of your Skin
What are Blackheads?
According to the US Library of Medicines (or ULM) Blackheads are small and soft bumps/spots of black (or dark gray) color resulting from clogging of hair follicles. Dermatologically, it is known as Comedones (comedo if singular).
When the clogged hair follicles remain open from the above surface of the skin, the flow of air and oxidation of debris occur inside hair follicles (or pores).
Blackheads appear before acne outbreak, and if it is not treated, then the chances are you may get other types of pimples.
Blackheads mainly appear in/on ear, on the face and nose and rarely on shoulders, chest, back, and arms.
What Causes Blackheads
Some common causes of blackheads appearance on your skin are:
Hormonal changes especially in the age of puberty, during pregnancy, and during the period can cause a hell of blackheads production on your skin.
Don’t worry it’s not your fault!
Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is a hormone that mess up with your oil producing glands and makes them produce more than the required amount of oil (sebum) which can’t be handled by your hair follicles and thus gets blocked.
But No Worries! Your immune system will fight these unpleasant changes and hopefully will give your original skin back after some time.
Selection of Wrong Skin Products
Using oily skin products can cause blackheads on your nose too.
Try your best to use non-comedogenic skin products to be on the safe side, means that it contains water or any other mineral instead of oil because the main cause of clogging of pores is oil.
If you often get acne as well as take medications, you would have noticed that many medications that are rich in estrogen, testosterone, phenytoin, and steroids can cause numerous skin problems like blackheads, whiteheads, etc.
Taking birth control pills can also cause blackheads.
Sources: National Institute of Health and Medline Plus.
Although Researchers haven’t found a direct connection between the stress and blackheads but many specialists believe that stress can cause blackheads too because we tend to neglect our body during anxiety and stress.
Alcohol and Caffeine
Studies have shown that taking wine and caffeine can make your oil glands more active which of course is not good for your skin.
Alcohol not only affect your sleep but it reduce the size of your skin pores too, which is directly associated with clogging of pores.
We all know that smoking is injurious to health, why do it?
Well, cigarette smoke is full of ash, tar, and some other chemicals which are somehow involved in blocking of your pores.
Besides that, smoking can make your blackheads treatment fail too.
Avoid smoking if you want to live a healthy and happy Life!
Tight Clothes and Sweat
Make sure to wear loose or cotton clothes to allow your sweat flow.
Tighter clothes will hold the sweat against your body that can cause pores blocking and blackheads production.
Sleeping with Makeup
Going to bed without removing makeup is a crime 🙂 because the oil, dirt, and bacteria will inevitably block your pores instantly if you are prone to acne.
The dirt and bacteria transfer to the bed from your body can also play a role in messing up with your hair follicles especially if you got a sensitive and acne-prone skin.
It is recommended to wash your bedsheet and pillowcases at least once a week.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose with Natural Home Remedies
Why spend money by investing in some expensive product if you can remove your blackheads from nose or face with Natural Remedies?
1) Use Lemon to remove blackheads from nose and face
As you know that blackheads are caused by clogged pores or pores that are exposed to oxygen.
Lemon Juice is the natural astringent that will open up the pores and make the blackheads invisible.
Method 1: Using Lemon Juice on Blackheads
– 1 Lemon
– A cotton ball
– A small bowl or jar
– Wash your face and pat dry.
– Extract the juice out of lemon into the bowl.
– Apply it on your blackheads with the help of a cotton ball or Q-tip before going to bed.
– Rinse off in the morning and follow up with a moisturizer.
– Do this daily.
Notes: – Avoid direct sunlight or wear sunscreen if you are using it during the day time.
– If you got a sensitive skin, then make sure to dilute it first.
– You can store the Lemon Juice for about one week in the refrigerator.
Method 2: Lemon Juice Scrub for removing Blackheads
You will need: Lemon Juice, Yogurt, Salt, Honey, Milk or Rosewater, and a small bowl.
Follow the Steps:
- Make a mixture of honey, salt, lemon juice, and yogurt.
- Massage your affected areas gently with this mixture.
- Add some Rosewater or milk to the mixture to get a facial cleanser. (OPTIONAL)
- Do this daily for good results.
2) Try Green Tea Solution to Remove Blackheads
Applying green tea on your skin will also keep you safe from future zits outbreak.
Are you thinking about how to use green tea on my blackheads?
First, you will need about 1 tablespoon of green tea or 2 teabags of it, water, a soft and clean towel, a teaspoon, and of course a saucepan.
Follow the Steps:
- Pour a little amount of water in the saucepan and boil it.
- Place the green tea leaves or teabags in it and leave it for about 25 minutes.
- Add Lemon Juice to it. (OPTIONAL)
- Wait until it comes down to normal room temperature.
- You can wash your face with any gentle face wash until it cools down.
- Apply and rub the green tea on your dots with a cotton ball for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Do this daily for a week, and I am sure you will see some magical results.
- Green tea also works well in the severe acne.
- Apart from weight loss, green tea can also help in improving your brain functioning.
3) Remove blackheads from nose using toothpaste
Yes, toothpaste can also be used as an emergency blackheads treatment because of some of its constituents which draw out impurities from your skin.
I have written enough about choosing a good toothpaste for your pimples.
Read my full article: Does Toothpaste Help Pimples? Separating Myths from Facts
How to use Toothpaste on your Blackheads?
- Wash your face with any milder face wash and pat dry.
- Massage it on your clogged pores with your fingertips.
- Leave it on until dry or apply before hitting the bed.
- Remove the paste and Rinse your face with clean and lukewarm water.
4) Egg White mask to remove blackheads on nose instantly
I know the smell of a raw egg is not very pleasant especially when it is applied on your face. But egg’s white is full of nutrients and can remove your blackheads instantly if you follow this remedy willingly.
Acquire 1 egg, a clean towel, facial tissue or toilet paper, and a small bowl.
Follow the Steps:
- Separate White from the yolk of an egg.
- Clean your face with warm water and a cleanser of your choice, then pat it dry.
- Apply the egg’s white on your nose or face with your fingertips…Make sure that the layer you apply is thin.
- Let it dry and then apply the 2nd layer and then 3rd layer and so on.
- Hold the tissues against your face after using the egg’s white. (OPTIONAL)
- If your face feel tightens. It means that your mask is working.
- Remove the mask and get rid of the residues.
- Wash your face with cold water and follow up with a moisturizer.
– Ensure the dryness of a layer before applying another one.
-You can apply two to five layers if you want.
5) The Super Milk and Honey Remedy: Make your own Pore Strips
Pore Strip is something that is made of adhesive and sticky items. When you pull off the strip, it will pull the sebum and dead skin cells out of the pores. So why don’t make it yourself?
Honey is well known for its anti-bacterial and healing promoting properties, and the lactic acid of milk will make your skin soft and supple.
Get one tablespoon of honey (organic) and milk with a cotton strip.
Follow the Steps:
- Make a mixture of honey and milk.
- Heat the mixture for about 7 minutes in a microwave.
- Wait until its temperature becomes normal.
- Apply a thin layer on your nose or face.
- Press and hold a cotton strip over it.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes, or until it dries. Yes, you can carefully remove the cotton strip after few minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water and pat dry.
- Do this regularly until the blackheads disappear.
Note: The Pore Strips are only used to remove blackheads, not to prevent it.
6) Consider Using Honey and Cinnamon Strips
If Strips are used only for removing dead skin cells and bacteria from the pores. So why don’t make it yourself with natural ingredients?
Everybody knows the amazing anti-bacterial and healing properties of honey, whether you apply it on your skin or take it orally. Use organic Honey (especially Mānuka honey is recommended) for this method.
While Cinnamon is quite beneficial in improving your skin’s blood circulation, removing the blackheads, and preventing it naturally.
Gather together: 1 tbsp. Organic honey, 1tbsp. Cinnamon, and cotton strips.
- Create a thick paste by mixing honey and cinnamon.
- Apply it on your affected areas. Make sure that the layer is thin.
- Leave it overnight or for 5 minutes at least.
- Wash with normal water and follow up with a moisturizer.
- Repeat the process daily for at least 10 days.
7) Oatmeal and Yogurt mask to get rid of Blackheads on nose and face instantly
The combination of Yogurt and Oatmeal can also do the job of making your blackheads go away.
Get: 2 tablespoons of Oatmeal, 3 tablespoons of Plain Yogurt, and 1 or 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice.
Follow the Steps:
- Mix the Oatmeal and Yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice for your skin’s good.
- Create a well-mixed paste.
- Apply the paste on your dots.
- Rinse off with warm water after 15 minutes and follow-up with a good moisturizer.
- Repeat this daily to get desired results.
Extra Tip: You can also make an Oatmeal-Yogurt mask with one tablespoon of honey and the juice of about 3 tomatoes.
8) Baking Soda Exfoliation on your nose
Baking Soda (Sodium bicarbonate, sodium hydrogen carbonate, or NaHCO3) is an another most effective remedy to clean out your blackheads on nose or face.
Exfoliating with Baking Soda face mask will remove the dead skin cells and bacteria and will give protection from future outbreaks too. Also, it will take care of your skin’s blood circulation to achieve a brighter and glowing skin.
Follow the Steps:
- Make a mixture of about 2 tbsps. Of baking soda with 1 tbsp. Of fresh or mineral water.
- Massage this paste on your blackheads gently.
- Let it dry (takes about 15 minutes).
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Do this no more than two or three times per week.
- Always follow up with a gentle moisturizer because baking soda can dry up your skin really bad.
Precaution: Don’t do this more than three times a week else it can seriously dry up your skin.
9) Use Sugar Scrub to treat blackheads
Using Sugar Scrub on your spots is totally a good idea in order to achieve blackheads free and supple face. Exfoliation with sugar scrub is very effective in unclogging of pores and improving blood circulation.
You Will Need: 1 cup of white or brown sugar, 4 tbsps. of jojoba oil (or Olive oil), and an airtight glass jar.
Follow the Steps:
- Mix the sugar and oil well until a fine paste is made.
- Massage the paste over your affected areas for about 90 seconds. Don’t rub if you have acne on your face.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water after a proper and gentle massage.
- Don’t do this more than three times a week.
Note: You can keep the paste in the same jar in a cooler and darker place for about 60 days for future use.
10) Clay Time, Baby!
Using a Bentonite clay mask can give insanely good results in pimple related issues, especially on oily skins.
This clay mask works the same way as other remedies do, like removing the dead skin cells and bacteria from your pores.
You can easily buy Bentonite Clay online or at your favorite Health Food Store.
Follow the Steps:
- Make a thick paste of Bentonite clay with Apple Cider Vinegar (or water).
- Apply it gently on your spots using your fingertips. Your face will feel tightening but it’s normal.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water and follow up with a milder moisturizer of your choice.
- Do this weekly.
Precaution: This clay mask can cause dryness on your skin if left on for too long, that’s why adjusting the removal time of this mask according to your skin type (i.e. oily – not oily) would be a good idea.
You May Also Read: Top 7 Most Effective DIY Homemade Acne Masks – HealthPursue
Wanna know more about Blackheads? Alright! Stay with me…
How to Prevent Blackheads
There are various methods for the prevention of blackheads permanently or at least reduce the probability of being hit by them again.
The main and basic reason behind getting any breakout is the clogging of pores because of excess oil and bacteria, that can be easily manipulated by below steps to live a blackhead free life.
Do the Following:
1) Keep your face clean
Washing your face twice a day with any gentle cleanser will keep the bacteria and extra oil away from your face, which means less chances of blocking of pores.
- Choose a cleanser that has neutral pH, and you may want to use a cleanser that also contain salicylic acid in it, which is very helpful in clearing out your skin pores.
- If you have a sensitive skin, then try using cleansers, that are labeled as “gentle on skin”.
- Use an oil-free cleanser if you have an oily skin and vice versa.
- Some of the ingredients of bar soaps can contribute in clogging up your pores, so don’t use it.
- Use warm water for washing, as too hot water can make your skin dry.
Note: Washing your face too often and forcefully can lead your skin to an another danger, that is stripping of the required amount of oil from your skin. This may cause further irritation and even outbreaks.
2) Don’t Pick or Squeeze a blackhead
As you know that a clogged pore is full of dead skin cells and bacteria. By squeezing or picking a blackhead, the heavy pore can get burst, and the bacteria can go deeper into your skin which can not only cause more blackheads but a permanent scar too.
Bacteria can also make their way inside your skin due to vigorous scrubbing.
Similarly, touching with unwashed hands can transfer bacteria from your hands to your skin, who are entirely responsible for the pores blocking.
3) Keep your hairs off your face
Why hairs? Because your hairs can have bacteria, germs, and dirt that can be transferred to your nose or face and can play their role in blocking up your pores.
Always try to wear a ponytail to ensure the distance between your hairs and face.
4) Clean your bedsheet regularly
Change or wash your bedsheet and pillow cases at least once a week because the germs, dirt, and oil from your bed sheet and pillow cases are enough to clog your pores.
Also, ensure washing your hoodies, jackets, and scarves regularly.
5) Showering before bed
This is must if you are facing severe acne.
Showering before bed can be an overkill to some people, but they don’t know its benefits, or maybe they are too lazy.
Taking a shower in the morning has its own benefits but sleeping without removing the dirt, bacteria, germs collected by your body during the whole day is really an unwise decision.
6) Showering after Vigorous activities
Are you an exercise loving person? If yes, then ensure taking a bath after every strenuous activity like going to the gym, playing basketball or a hard day labor job to eliminate the danger of clogging of pores because of the excess bacteria.
Note: Wash your blackhead affected areas with any milder body cleanser that contains a moderate pH.
7) Remove your makeup before hitting the bed
Going to bed with makeup or any cosmetics product on your face is a CRIME! 🙂
Remove all your makeup with a good cleanser or makeup remover before going to bed. Otherwise, it can certainly block your pores.
Use a specific makeup remover if you use waterproof skin products. Else, regular cleanser may do the job too.
Try to clean your makeup replicators with soapy water to get rid of bacteria which plays a vital role in clogging up the pores.
“One, who maintains cleanliness keeps away diseases.”
– Sam Veda
8) Use oil-free skin products
Since more than the necessary amount of oil can clog up your pores and give an invitation to acne outbreaks, that’s why oil-free makeup products are getting famous day by day.
Always try to use non-comedogenic skin products that are specifically formulated to not cause blocked pores because of the presence of water or minerals instead of oil.
Start using skin care products that are labeled as “non-comedogenic” to be on the safe side.
9) Use a Cleanser that contains glycolic acid or Salicylic acid
The best way to remove any trapped oil and bacteria from the pores is using skin cleansers having salicylic or beta-hydroxy acids in it.
The salicylic acids will not only clean out your pores from dead skin cells and excess oil but provide protection from future blackhead outbreaks too.
10) Daily Exfoliation of your Skin
As mentioned earlier that dead skin cells can block the pores. So by daily exfoliating your skin with a softer washcloth can clear out your pores from bacteria and the dead skin cells which promote unclogging of pores and thus, fewer chances of getting blackheads.
- Be sure not to scrub the already irritated area (having acne) as it would make the irritation worse.
Some other things that can lower the probability of getting blackheads are relaxing and good rest of your body, daily exercise, and wearing looser and lighter clothes.
This was it from our side, an ultimate guide to get rid of blackheads on nose or face or anywhere on the body, how to prevent it and what are the causes behind blackheads appearance.
Achieving a blackheads free face is not a piece of cake, you have to search and experiment things wisely. It’s all about trial and error.
No blackheads remedy is the perfect one, and it should not necessarily work for all, but you have to find the best remedy for yourself.
But the main thing is patience, wait for at least 3 to 5 days to see the results. Else, move on to the next one and be sure to use a moisturizer if you feel dryness on your skin.
Last but not the least, Don’t try more than one remedies together but stick to only one for a while and I hope you I will hear some good news from you really soon (In the Comments).
Stay Informed, Stay Happy and Stay Healthy!
Kick start your blackheads treatment right now and give a try to your favorite remedy then let us know about your experience.
Have you learned something? Can you appreciate my efforts by sharing this valuable piece of information with your friends, family, and relatives? Because Sharing is Caring!
Visit our Home-Page for further useful content.