Normally, the scars go away after some time, but Keloids are the stubborn ones. They can be itchy and they do not go down easily. Keloids would be there for you to remind you of your acne woes, cut, wounds, or surgeries.
Don’t worry we have compiled this post for you to know how to get rid of Keloids, who can get them, and of course, some prevention tips to avoid getting keloids.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Are Exactly Keloids?
- 2 Who Can Get them?
- 3 Get Rid of Keloids with Natural Home Remedies
- 4 Can Keloids be Prevented?
- 5 Bottom Line
What Are Exactly Keloids?
Keloids are scars that still grow even after the complete healing of the skin. This growth can last for a long period of time usually months or even years. They occur above the skin (raised) and usually have a smooth top. They are pink, purple, or flesh colored.
Who Can Get them?
To be honest, we need more studies and researches to find out the cause of getting keloids instead of regular scars.
Though, there are no such causes of keloids appearance known yet. But the process of keloids formation is something like this;
When the top layer of the skin damages or cut or wound happen, the natural healing process of the skin starts, and collagens form at the site. So when there is an excess collagen growth there, a keloid may come into form.
Keloids can happen to anybody, but usually the people with darker skins are more prone to its formation.
Get Rid of Keloids with Natural Home Remedies
Before going after the surgical treatment methods for your keloids, why don’t try these natural home remedies to heal your keloid scars without taking any potential risk?
1) Lemon Juice
Lemon Juice is known to be very effective in treating those badass scars naturally because it enlightens the skin cells on the top layer of the skin, making the scar less visible. The Vitamin C of Lemon Juice will keep your skin healthy. The great thing about Lemon Juice is that it contains antioxidants, which will help prevent your skin from getting inflamed in future.
How to Use?
- Extract the juice of a fresh lemon.
- Apply the juice with a cotton ball on the area where keloids are.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after about 30 minutes.
- Pat it dry and then follow up with a moisturizer or coconut oil.
- Do this once a day for a full month to see some positive results—Remember that consistency is the key to success.
2) Apple Cider Vinegar for Keloids
Another powerful remedy for treating you big scars naturally is using Apple Cider Vinegar. Because of its certain elements, it will exfoliate your skin, and reduce the appearance of your keloid scars.
It also helps in reducing the redness and minimizing the size of the scars.
Follow these Steps:
- Take the required amount of Apple Cider Vinegar and apply it directly on your keloids with the help of a cotton ball.
- Gently massage the area for one or two minutes so that the ACV can be absorbed into the scar.
- Leave it on for half an hour or until become dry.
- Consider repeating this process again instead of washing it after 30 minutes.
- This should be done several times a day for about a month or so to see improvements in your Keloid Scars.
Note: Apple Cider Vinegar can cause irritations on some sensitive skins. if this is your case, then start diluting it with some water i.e. mix two portions of ACV with one portion of Water or more.
3) Consider Baking Soda Remedy
Baking Soda in no less than any other home remedy in getting rid of keloids. It can amazingly remove your keloid scars or reduce its appearance at least. It acts as an abrasive agent which will exfoliate your skin.
Follow these Steps:
- Create a paste of Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide in 1:3 proportion. That implies one portion of the Baking Soda and 3 portions of the Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Apply the paste on your keloids.
- Do this several times a day (depends on the severity of the scar) to make your keloids less noticeable.
4) Aspirin for Keloids
Have you ever thought of uses of Aspirin for other than Headache problem? Here, the great news is that Aspirin can be quite useful in making your keloids go away. It can definitely reduce the size and appearance of your scar.
Follow the Steps:
- Make a smooth and thick paste of 3 or 4 crushed Aspirin tablets with a small amount of water.
- Place the paste directly on your affected area and wait for it to dry.
- Rinse it off completely with water and then pat your skin dry.
- Follow up with a moisturizer or coconut oil or olive oil.
- Do this once a day regularly to make your keloid go away.
5) Honey to Reduce Keloids
Honey is probably the most ancient remedy for treating several skin conditions and various other health problems. Honey works as a natural moisturizer and promotes healing.
Follow these Steps:
- Acquire some raw honey and apply it on your keloids directly and then gently massage it for few minutes—Raw honey is more effective than the processed one.
- Leave it overnight or if you are doing this during the daytime then wait for about an hour and then wash it off.
- If using during the day, then do it 2-3 times a day for better results.
6) Try Garlic
Besides the bad smell of garlic, especially when applied on your face or near the nose, it has tons of benefits for the mankind. For example, the incredible properties of garlic in boosting your Immune System and curing various skin problems.
The prevention of excessive fibroblast proliferation, making it an excellent remedy to treat and prevent your keloid scars.
- Crush few garlic cloves to make the required amount of paste—Place it on your affected area and wash it off after about 15 minutes. Dry your skin and apply a gentle moisturizer—This remedy should be done one time a day for a month to see good results.
- You can also use garlic oil to make your keloids less visible—Usage is two times a day for a month. But if garlic oil causes irritation on your skin then remove it immediately with water and never try it again.
7) Lavender Oil to get rid of Keloids
Lavender Oil rejuvenates the skin and can make the scars go away. It also provides protection from getting keloids in future.
- Apply the lavender oil on your keloids with the help of a cotton ball—Massage it for 10-15 minutes. The scar will become soft and begin to heal when the lavender oil is absorbed in it—Do this two times a day for 4 to 5 weeks to see your scars getting vanished.
- Mix Lavender Oil and Calendula essential oil equally, add about 10x amount of coconut oil to it. Mix it well and apply a small amount of it on your affected area and gently massage for 10 minutes — Leave it for a minimum time of 20 minutes and then wash it off with cool water. Repeat this remedy daily until you see improvements in your keloid.
Note: You can keep the mixture in a dark and dry place for the future use of about a month.
Can Keloids be Prevented?
Sadly, there are no great prevention tips available because we don’t know actually what causes keloid scars. However, below are some of the tips that can reduce the chances of getting keloid scars.
- Avoid picking or popping your pimples.
- Try to avoid body piercings.
- Try not to get tattoos.
- Don’t undergo any unnecessary surgery.
Try these remedies to get rid of your keloids. Please note that every remedy won’t work for you, so you will need to do Hit and Trial to find the best remedy that actually works on your keloids.
Make a visit to your doctor to find out the possible causes of your problem, and to know what treatment options do you have for your big scars.
Share your experience in the comments about treating your keloids scars— Tell us which remedy doesn’t work for you and which treatment method worked?
Please share this article with your friends, family, and with those whom you care about to spread the knowledge and because Sharing is Caring!
Keep Visiting this Site to keep yourself informed and updated.