Do your Large pores on nose, face, or cheeks make you embarrass? Don’t worry everybody feels so, but besides the embarrassment, there are few more things that comes with the large pores. Large pores on your skin can make it look aged and unhealthy, and it also increases the risk of getting acne outbreaks such as blackheads, whiteheads, and other types of pimples.
So, do you want to know how to get rid of large pores? If yes, then let me tell you that you have landed at the right place. But before you know about the treatment of large pores, I must let you know about some basic of enlarged pores, what causes them, how to get rid of it or reduce them, and of course, some prevention tips that will help you in avoiding those bloody big pores.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are Large Pores?
- 2 What Causes Large Pores?
- 3 How to Get Rid of Large Pores with Natural Home Remedies
- 4 How to Prevent getting large pores on Nose, Face, and Cheeks
- 5 Last Words
What are Large Pores?
There are tons of pores on the facial skin and other body’s skin. What do they do? They transfer the sebum (oil) from the sebaceous gland to the outer layer of your skin to keep it supple and healthy. But when these pores get enlarged, they become more noticeable and accommodate more oil and transfer some extra oil to the outer layer of your skin, and thus you get an oily skin. With an oilier skin comes more problems such different varieties of acne.
What Causes Large Pores?
Though all of the causes of large pores cannot be covered or simply it can make your life hell because you will get confused and afraid of those causes, so I am going to share some of the main causes of it that are almost common in all of the affected folks.
- Age: since the skin loses its elasticity with age, so the open pores might become large.
- Genetics: The second cause may target men more as compared to women because of their genetic makeup and the greater oil production.
- Excess Skin Oil: If the production of natural skin oil is normal, the oil (sebum) flow clearly through your pores to the outside of the skin, which then distribute equally to keep your skin hydrated and to prevent dryness. But at the time when the glands are overactive and produce more than the average oil, this oil can team up with other substances like dirt, dead skin cells, and the bacteria to clog up your pores. These clogged pores make it tough for the oil to pass and thus causes enlargement of the pores due to the pressure phenomenon.
- Sun Exposure: You may already know that too much sun exposure is bad for the skin, as it damages the skin collagen and reduces the elasticity of your skin pore canals; thus it can lead to pores enlargement.
How to Get Rid of Large Pores with Natural Home Remedies
Here are some of the remedies that will shrink down your pores and will make it smaller and less noticeable. The excellent thing about these remedies is that you can find most of its ingredients in your kitchen shelves.
1. Aloe Vera to Shrink Big Pores
Aloe Vera comes with a lot of good qualities. It works as a natural moisturizer, it kills the bacteria and remove the dead skin cells and will clean out your pores.
- Get a fresh leaf of Aloe Vera plant and extract the gel from it.
- Apply it on your affected areas and massage it for few minutes.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Do this two times a day to shrink your pores naturally.
Note: Fresh gel from a fresh leaf Aloe Vera is recommended but if you can’t acquire a fresh one, then use it cream, lotion, or ointment instead.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar for Large Pores
When it comes to shrinking down your large pores on face, legs, or nose, Apple Cider Vinegar should be your choice to achieve a perfect skin. Cider Vinegar or ACV is a well-known remedy for treating skin inflammation. It also works as a natural toner which tightens your skin.
Steps to Follow:
- Mix about one tablespoon of ACV with one tablespoon of water.
- Dab a cotton ball in it and apply it to your affected areas.
- Let it dry and then wash it off with clean water.
- Do this one or two time a day.
Warning: Never use pure ACV on your skin because it can cause more damage than good.
3. Try Baking Soda on your Pores
Don’t underestimate the power of Baking Soda in skin inflammations. Why? Because Baking Soda has some amazing antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in clearing out your pores and removing the acne and pimples. It also helps in maintaining the natural pH value of your skin.
Follow these Steps:
- Create a paste of about two tablespoons of Baking Soda with two tablespoons of water.
- Apply the paste on your pores and massage it circularly for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Remove the paste using cool water.
- Don’t use this remedy more than one time per 3 or 4 days.
4. Use Lemon Juice to reduce large Pores
Lemon is high in astringent. It can help open the pores and tightens the skin. Because of its citric acid, it is good in breaking down the chemical bond of impurities with the skin.
- Dilute about one tablespoon of Lemon Juice with the same amount of water.
- Apply it on your large pores with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it there for 10 or 15 minutes and then Wash it off with clean water.
Warnings: => Dilution of lemon juice is must, increase the amount of water if you have sensitive skin.
=> Don’t apply lemon juice during the daytime or if you must, then make sure that you protect your affected area from direct sunlight, or it can cause more troubles.
5. Try Multani Mitti to treat Pores on Face
Multan is a city in Pakistan and Mitti means clay. Multani Mitti, also called Fuller’s Earth, is an excellent absorbent that absorbs excess oil from your face, nose, or cheeks. It has the capability of sucking oil from any material. It works as an excellent cleanser that removes impurities from the skin and has some whitening properties too, that can make your skin glow.
How to use it?
- Create a fine paste of two tablespoons of Multani Mitti with one to two tablespoons of milk or rosewater.
- Apply this mask on your affected areas or full face to make a thin layer of it.
- Leave until it dries and then wash off with cool water.
You can easily shrink or tighten pores on face, cheeks, and nose permanently.
How to Prevent getting large pores on Nose, Face, and Cheeks
- Avoid using such skin products that you may have noticed that are causing problems for your skin. Avoid using oily skin products especially if you have oily skin. Instead, consider using skin products that say non-comedogenic on their labels, these products have water or minerals instead of oil, and their creators had proved its mildness on the skin.
- Avoid using bar soaps because its ingredients that keep it in a bar shape causes the clogging of pores.
- I recommend showering after every vigorous activity that causes sweat as well as showering before hitting the bed (to ensure the cleaning of dirt and bacteria that are collected by your skin throughout the day).
- Make sure to remove the makeup before sleep, as it can block your pores and result in blackheads or whiteheads, I know you don’t want to get yourself in such a nightmare—do you?
- Try exfoliating your skin every day to remove the dead skin cells and prevent the pores blockage.
- Try not go out often in the daytime, but if you have to, then protect your skin from direct sunlight by wearing sunscreen, scarf, or a long hat.
Don’t be disheartened by your large pores, they are temporarily, and with all these remedies and self-care, you will soon notice some positive changes.
Please remember that every remedy is not meant to work for everyone, so if one doesn’t work on your big pores after a proper use for few day, then don’t lose hope and opt for another one in the list.
Any questions in this article “how to get rid of large pores”?
Please share this post with your friends, family, and others to spread the knowledge and to appreciate my work. Thank You!
And don’t forget visiting HealthPursue.com for more useful content.