Everyone gets acne that can cause redness and swelling which makes the sufferer constraint to find out how to get rid of redness from acne as fast as possible. Fortunately, you have landed at the right place.
In this article, I will be telling you the causes behind pimple redness, how to prevent your skin from getting acne and redness, how to get rid of acne redness in a safe way, and the risks bonded with popping a pimple in order to help you live a pimple-free life and make your skin glamorous because you are special!
Table of Contents
- 1 What Actually Causes Redness?
- 2 How to get rid of Redness from Acne?
- 3 Self-Care to Avoid Acne Redness and Keep your Skin Pimple-Free
- 4 Bottom Line
What Actually Causes Redness?
There are numerous sebaceous glands situated under your skin which continuously produce oil (for your skin’s good). But sometimes they start producing more than the average amount of oil which may block the hair follicles and trap the bacteria with oil, no air. This is the stage in which your skin gets inflamed.
Don’t worry this inflammation is the natural healing process of your skin to fight against bacteria and deal with the skin disorder, but the healing comes with annoying zits and acne redness which can make your life hell.
The worst part is that you may feel embarrassment going outside and meeting people.
How to get rid of Redness from Acne?
Some of the most shared and effective home remedies are:
1) Use Ice Cubes to remove acne redness
You might have seen it in the movies that athlete or other fighters use ice on their injuries to deal with the inflammation caused by tissues damage. Because cold temperature makes the blood circulation slow in the affected area and reduces the swelling and redness caused by injured tissues.
Here’s how to use it:
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a soft and clean cloth or towel.
- Apply it on your affected area gently to make sure that you are not spreading the trapped bacteria by applying too much pressure.
- Hold it on for 5 to 10 minutes, no more than that.
- Do this 2 to 5 times a day.
2) Use eye drops to get rid of Skin Redness
Have you ever used eye drops in your eyes? I have. When you put few drops in the eyes, it helps remove the redness in the eyes caused by less sleep or whatever. Similarly, it will remove the redness caused by acne or pimples from your skin too.
The tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride is one of the best ingredient used in eye drops for removing the redness.
Steps to Follow:
- Put a few drops on a Q-tip or cotton ball, or soak a Q-tip in eye drops and freeze it.
- Apply it gently on your affected areas, the cold temperature will slow down the blood flow, and tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride will help remove the redness.
- Ensure the applying only on affected areas. Otherwise, it may cause more irritation.
- Use this technique rarely to be safe from its adverse effect on your skin.
Note: Remember that using eye drops on your pimple redness is only a temporary solution.
3) Use a soaked Tea Bag (Warm Compress)
Follow the Steps:
- Soak a teabag or clean towel in very hot water.
- Hold it on your acne redness area for about 60 seconds. It may feel uncomfortable at the start but pleasant after some time.
- Wash your affected area with any milder face wash or soap to remove the bacteria and oil that was drawn out.
- Do this once or twice a day.
4) Try Lemon Juice
Lemon contains citric acids, which is quite helpful in treating acne. Experts also recommend it for getting rid of acne redness because of its skin lightening property.
Follow these Steps:
- Extract the juice from a sliced piece of lemon.
- Dab a cotton ball or Q-tip in it.
- Apply it on your affected areas carefully so that it does not touches the unaffected skin.
- Leave it overnight.
- Rinse it with clean and warm water in the morning.
- Do not use lemon juice if you have sensitive skin.
- Avoid using it in the daytime. Otherwise, wear a hat or a sunscreen to protect your skin from direct sunlight.
5) Don’t forget the Aloe Vera Remedy
Aloe Vera has some amazing anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that will not only remove redness from acne but will surely help heal them too.
It will speed up the healing process and it is also beneficial for other skin problems like cuts and wounds etc.
Follow these Steps:
- Extract the juice out of a fresh Aloe Vera Leaf.
- Apply it on your acne with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it stay for a while.
- Wash it off with clean and warm water.
- Do this two time a day.
I recommend using liquid of Fresh Aloe Vera Plant leaves but if you can’t acquire its fresh leaves then use its cream, lotion, face wash, or ointments instead. Buy from Amazon.
6) Honey for removing Skin Redness
How can I forget about the amazing healing properties of honey? This list of Natural home remedies to get rid of redness from acne would be incomplete without honey.
Honey is being used for ages to treat many skin problems and various diseases and considered to be an alternative medicine.
How to use honey?
- Take a little amount of honey.
- Dab a cotton ball in it.
- Put it on your acne affected areas and leave it overnight.
- Covering your pillow with a cloth or towel might be a good idea.
- Do this daily.
The Recommended one is Manuka Honey, obtained from the nectar of Manuka trees, but if you can’t acquire it, then using any naturally acquired honey will do the job.
Order Original Manuka Honey from Amazon.
7) Remove your Pimple Redness with Toothpaste:
Self-Care to Avoid Acne Redness and Keep your Skin Pimple-Free
Instead of finding ways and trying different remedies to cure the redness caused by acne, why don’t you start taking care of your skin on a daily basis to prevent pimples? Do the following:
– Wash your Face daily
Wash your face daily in the morning as well as before going to bed will remove the acne causing bacteria and dirt off your face.
- Use warm water with a milder soap or face wash to ensure that it does not make your skin dry or cause irritation.
- Be gentle and don’t scrub too hard.
- When drying your face, use a soft towel gently or air-dry.
- It would be better to use a cleanser that contains salicylic acid.
– Moisturize your Skin
Make sure to keep your facial skin moisturized to prevent any irritation. Apply a moisturizer after every time you wash your face in order to make your skin healthy and firm.
- Use a non-comedogenic moisturizer that contains water or minerals instead of oil. Here’s what I like to use.
– Remove your makeup before sleep
Going to bed with having makeup on your face will create an acne-causing environment and can clog up your pores due to the germs and dirt collected by your face over the course of the day.
- Make sure you wash your face with any milder cleanser before sleep.
– Drink more Water
Have you noticed that your skin lose moisture when dehydrated? That is because of the less essential nutrients to the skin area due to low blood circulation. Because when your body don’t get enough amount of water, your skin is the first place of your body which feels the shortage.
Many doctors and professionals recommend drinking minimum 3 liters of water for men, and 2.2 liters for women per day. Or use “8 by 8“ rule for ease, means that drinking eight glass of water of 8 ounces per day.
– Proper Vitamins
Are you getting what your body need? Researchers have suggested that certain vitamins can help fight against acne breakdown and ensure your skin’s health.
Vitamin A, B6, and C is found to be useful in the fight against acne and the redness caused by it.
– Exfoliate your Skin
It means using a mask or scrub to remove the dead skin layers created by dirt and germs over the course of a day or several days.
- Do this at least once a week for brighter and healthier skin.
- You can easily buy exfoliates at any pharmacy.
– Get your Beauty Rest and Release your Stress
Your Sebaceous glands are somehow connected to stress hormones which make the pores unregulated and can become clogged whenever you are stressed.
Some tips to reduce stress:
- Take a good sleep for 7 to 8 hours a day.
- Visit a green and beautiful sight or talk to your loved ones.
- Get some exercise; even a 10 minutes daily walk will help you feel better.
- Make yourself involved in sports or ride a pedaled bike for about 30 minutes a day.
Remember that the reason behind acne outbreak is different for everyone. Finding out your acne appearance cause can take some time, but once you discover it, the task will be to find how to get rid of redness from acne by avoiding that particular job, food, or whatever it may be.
Try these home remedies and tell us what works for you!
If you appreciate my efforts, do share this article with your friends and others whom you care about.
Stay Informed, Stay Healthy, and Stay Happy.
Visit our Home Page for further useful content.