Do you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed while going out or meeting someone with your scars on face? Everybody feel the same…including me. If you often get acne, you will probably know that acne can be removed easily as compared to scars. Pimple Scars are a little bit stubborn, and it takes a bit more time to be eliminated. But no worries! Nothing is impossible.
In this article, I am going to share some effective Natural Home Remedies and few Medical Remedies to help you How to Get Rid of Scars on Face.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Scar?
- 2 Why Do Acne Scars Appear?
- 3 Self-Care: Prevention is better than treatment
- 4 How to Get Rid of Scars on Face with Natural Home Remedies
- 4.1 1) Indian Gooseberry
- 4.2 2) Using Tomato on Acne Scars
- 4.3 3) Apply Tea Tree Oil on your Acne Scars
- 4.4 4) Using Lemon Juice on Acne Scars
- 4.5 5) Use Honey on your Acne Scars
- 4.6 6) Try Cucumber on your Pimple Scars
- 4.7 7) Use Coconut Oil on your Acne Scars
- 4.8 8) Use Aloe Vera to Treat your Acne Scars Naturally
- 5 Medical Remedies for Scars: Over-the-counter Products
- 6 Conclusion
What is a Scar?
The fibrous tissue (fibrosis) which replaces normal skin after injury. A scar is a result of our body’s natural healing process against wound, disease, and surgery.
Extra Knowledge: Animal bodies repair their wounds (regrow tissues) without leaving any scar.
Why Do Acne Scars Appear?
- Popping and Touching a Pimple: One of the most common causes of scars formation is picking a pimple or touching them with your hands, because our hands may contain germs and bacteria.
Self-Care: Prevention is better than treatment
Hold on…Before I share some words of wisdom about How to Remove your Acne Scars Naturally, why don’t I talk about How to Prevent it?
1) Don’t Play with your Pimples and don’t Pop it
Yes, you should never touch your pimples, especially with unwashed hands. Popping and squeezing comes later, which are far more dangerous than that.
You can’t control your hands from touching it? You should my dear…You should!
Alright, I am going to tell you why you should keep your hands off your acne…
When you get acne, the hair follicles (pores) under the skin layer, start filling up from bacteria, pus, and the dead skin cells.
As a result of your touching or picking a pimple can cause that pore to rupture, and the dead skin cells and bacteria will make their way out and go further downward, which can cause you in-depth scarring.
2) Don’t expose your Scars to UV radiations
Your body’s immune system is capable of dealing with the injuries on its own. Exposing your newly produced scars to a direct sunlight can interfere with your body’s natural healing process and can make it slow.
Also, UV radiations can make the scars darker and more visible.
I am not telling you to shut your doors and close the windows and act like a Vampire!
But you have to take care of your skin. Wear sunscreen, or hat, or umbrella or anything that can guard your skin against a direct sunlight.
How to Get Rid of Scars on Face with Natural Home Remedies
1) Indian Gooseberry
It is also known as “Amla” or Ribes (Scientific Name). It contains a lot of Vitamin C and is most effective if applied on newly healed areas of the skin.
Amla can be easily acquired in powder or paste form, you can even make your own paste at home by mixing Amla powder with water or olive oil.
- Acquire Amla Powder.
- Mix it with some water or olive oil.
- Put it on your scars.
- Leave it there for some time.
- Rinse it off with clean water.
- Use a clean and soft towel to dry the area.
2) Using Tomato on Acne Scars
Tomatoes are cheap, easily available, and are commonly used to treat acne scars on face because of its excellent bleaching properties.
Method 1: Raw Tomatoes on Acne Scars
- Take a good red tomato and cut it into circular pieces.
- Crush these pieces manually or with a blender to make a pulp.
- Apply the pulp on your scars gently.
- Leave it there for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Do this once a day.
Method 2: Tomato, Cucumber, and Avocado mask
You will need: 2 Tomatoes, 1 Cucumber, and 1 Avocado
- Take the blended tomato pulp.
- Squeeze the juices out of Cucumber and Avocado.
- Make a paste of the extracted juice and the tomato pulp.
- Apply the paste on your affected areas.
- Rinse with clean water after 20 minutes.
3) Apply Tea Tree Oil on your Acne Scars
Obtained from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia plant of Australia, this oil has some great antiseptic, disinfectant, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, which is quite good for your skin.
Apart from its effectiveness in acne scars, it is found very helpful in acne too.
You will need:
- Tea Tree Oil
- And a Cotton ball.
Steps to Follow:
- Take tea tree oil and mix it with 9x amount of water.
- Apply it on your scars with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
- Repeat this process twice or thrice a day.
Precaution: Using pure tea tree oil (buy from Amazon) on your skin can cause irritation. Always make sure to dilute it with 1:9 of drinkable water i.e. 1 drop/portion/ml of Tea Tree Oil WITH 9 drops/portions/ml of Water.
4) Using Lemon Juice on Acne Scars
Lemons have Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) which not only remove the dead skin cell but help generate new ones too. It is an excellent source of vitamin C which will regenerate damaged skin cells and bring back the elasticity your skin need.
Lemon juice has some exceptional bleaching properties that will help your scars go away.
Here’s how to use it:
- Extract some juice out of a fresh lemon.
- Dab a cotton ball in it.
- Apply it on your acne scars.
- Let it stay until it dries.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process daily, and it will surely lighten your scars.
- Lemon Juice may cause irritation for a sensitive skin, that’s why mixing some water is recommended in it.
- UV radiations can damage your skin while Lemon Juice is on it, That’s why avoiding direct sunlight or wearing Sunscreen is suggested.
5) Use Honey on your Acne Scars
Raw honey, especially the Mānuka honey can do wonders for almost any skin problem because of its supernatural healing and anti-bacterial properties.
It is also a most widely used remedy, being used for centuries for treating wounds.
How to use Honey on Acne Scars?
- Apply honey on your scars with the help of a Q-Tip or a Cotton ball. Leave it overnight. Rinse off with water.
- Apply a paste of ¼ cup of oatmeal and 2 tablespoons of honey on your acne scars and wash it off after 20 minutes or in the morning.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with ½ tbsp. Of Cinnamon powder and apply it on your scars. Wash off in the morning with clean water.
Want to buy the best Manuka Honey online? Checkout this Amazon product.
Honey-Aspirin mask to deal with pimple scars
Although Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is not a natural product, but can do the job effectively when used with honey because it contains salicylic acid.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- 2-3 drops of Aspirin.
- Few drops of water.
Follow the Steps:
- Put Aspirin in very few drops of water and wait until it dissolves. You need a gritty mixture for exploitation, so don’t use too much water.
- Mix honey in it.
- Apply it on your scars.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
6) Try Cucumber on your Pimple Scars
Cucumbers are easy to find, not much acidic, and cheaper. Because of its dehydrating properties, it is great for your skin’s rehabilitation.
How to use Cucumber on your Acne Scars?
- Take a fresh cucumber and peel it.
- Make thin slices of it.
- Place these slices on your affected areas.
- Lie down for about 30 minutes and let the cucumber do its magic.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
- Repeat this process at least once a day.
7) Use Coconut Oil on your Acne Scars
Coconut Oil comes on the top of the list when it comes to the natural remedy with super moisturizing and healing properties.
Steps to use Coconut Oil:
- Scoop a little amount of Coconut Oil into your palm.
- Massage those oil onto your face with your fingertips.
- Pay extra attention to your scarred areas.
- Wash it off in the morning or don’t wash it if not makes your uncomfortable.
- Repeat this process daily until your scars fade away.
You may also Like: Why you Should Choose Coconut Oil for Scars – 5 Ways to Use it
8) Use Aloe Vera to Treat your Acne Scars Naturally
Aloe Vera Gel, obtained from Aloe Vera plant have wonderful anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties which will not only remove the dead skin cells and bacteria from your wounds but will regenerate damaged skin cells too. It is a highly recommended home remedy being used for years to lessen swelling and moisturize skin naturally.
How to use Aloe Vera Gel on your Pimple Spots?
- Extract the gel from a freshly obtained leaf of Aloe Vera.
- Massage the gel softly on your scars/spots with your fingertips.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash off with clean water.
- Repeat this process several times a day for better results.
- Aloe Vera Gel cause irritation on very fewer skins. So avoid it. Else, wash it off if you can’t handle the irritation.
- This gel may cause dryness on your skin. Its temporary so avoid it.
- If you can’t acquire a fresh leaf of Aloe Vera, then use any of its skin product or buy my favorite Aloe Vera Gel.
Medical Remedies for Scars: Over-the-counter Products
1) Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA)
These acids are found in natural fruits as mentioned before and are good at removing bacteria and the dead skin cells and promote healing. A little bit of irritation can be there because you are dealing with acids.
Since these comes in different strengths, you might want to consult a dermatologist to find out which option is best for your pimple spots.
Generally, this can be found in the form of moisturizer that can be applied on your affected skin.
2) Try Silicone on your spots
Also known as polysiloxanes, is quite effective in lightening and flattening scars. It can be found in gels and sheets etc. too.
- Apply the gel directly onto your spots.
- Silicon sheets should stick firmly to your affected areas, use a medical tape if required.
Tip: The Silicone sheets can be reused after a good wash.
3) Over-the-counter Scar Reducer
This product should contain any one or both of the above-mentioned items to make your scars go away. It often contains silicone.
This scar reducer comes in different forms like cream, lotion, gel, ointment, etc.
WARNING: Don’t pull your scab off and leave it to fall off naturally. Otherwise, it can leave you a permanent scar.
This was it from our side, for How to Get Rid of Acne Scars on Face Fast and Naturally. As you know that the cause of Acne appearance is different for everyone, so the scar formation is too.
In short, all of these remedies may not work for you, try it one by one and be patient until you find your best and the most effective remedy that will treat your pimple spots in days.
Have you learned something from this article? Can you appreciate my time and effort by Sharing it on your Social Networks? Because Sharing is Caring!
Keep Visiting HealthPursue.com for more useful content!