Do you have hives? And your only job is scratching your skin? Though scratching gives a temporary calmness and comfort, but it is not good for your skin and can increase the irritation. Don’t worry! You are at the right place; I am going to share some useful info that will answer your questions related how to get rid of hives.
For those who don’t have a clue about hives, the second name for hives is Urticaria, hives are small bumps appear on the skin having a pale red color. These bumps are raised and easily noticeable. The reason of this outbreak can be either your body’s reaction to some allergens or can be unknown.
Hives can occur in different sizes; from a pencil eraser to the size of a dinner plate or even larger. They usually cause itching on the skin, but can also burn or sting.
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes of Hives (Urticaria) and Angioedema
- 2 Symptoms of Hives
- 3 How to Get Rid of Hives Overnight Fast with Natural Home Remedies
- 4 Bottom Line
Causes of Hives (Urticaria) and Angioedema
Before jumping into the hives treatment section, knowing the root causes of getting hives outbreak might be useful for your skin’s good. Here are some the main causes of the above-mentioned skin condition that may identify the reason of getting such outbreaks in order to avoid it in future.
- Allergies: People have allergies to different foods, Environment, or the daily essential products that contain ingredients which your body can be allergic to. Some strong allergic triggers in food can be found in eggs, fish, shellfish, tomatoes, nuts, berries, and cheese, etc. – the allergic reactions occur with the release of histamine. Examples of Environmental allergies are dust mites, pollen grains, and various chemical that can trigger a hives reaction.
- Stress: Though there can’t be any scientific evidence found till now, but about 70% of the professionals believe that there is a direct connection between stress and skin irritations. So, relieve your stress by some sort of meditation technique or talking to your loved ones or doing exercise or visiting your favorite place or any other method that can help your stress go away.
- Infections: Various type of infections can also be a cause of getting hit by hives outbreak, Like the common cold, HIV, Hepatitis B, and other infections of the upper respiratory tract.
- Drugs: Some medications that can play their part in hives reactions is the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), some antibiotics like penicillin, sulfonamides, opiates, and salicylates.
These are some of the primarily causes of skin hives, I know that there are more causes of the outbreak that can be added here, but for your ease, I have added all the major things that can cause hives on your skin.
Symptoms of Hives
Some symptoms that can make the identification of hives are:
- The flesh-colored and raised bumps known as welts.
- Varies in size from few millimeters to about 15 centimeters or more.
- Itching—But may also burn or sting.
- It can only appear on one part of the body at a time. And can spread to other body parts if one is treating them wrongly.
- Change in shape and appearance can be expected, but when the bump is pressed, its center turns white for a second.
- Dizziness, Sneezing, tightened chest, swelled up face, or heavy breath can be added to the itching problem.
- Angioedema, swelling beneath the skin — usually a deep swelling around the lips and eyes, and sometimes on hands, feet, and genitals. But the swelling typically goes away in less than 24 hours.
How to Get Rid of Hives Overnight Fast with Natural Home Remedies
Who doesn’t love natural? Here I am presenting you some amazing and effective Home Remedies that can fade away your hives as fast as possible.
1- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar or Cider Vinegar or ACV is on the top of my list of best home remedies to banish the hives. It has some incredible antiseptic, disinfectant, and heal promoting properties which is likely to remove your hives fast.
You can use it with using only water in it, or you can add cornstarch to boost its effectiveness.
How to use it
- Mix one tablespoon of Cider Vinegar with two tablespoons of Cornstarch.
- Apply the paste on your hives on skin with a cotton ball.
- This should immediately lessen the itching.
- The recommended time of applying ACV on your hives is after bathing because the skin is more soft and absorbent.
2- Cold compress to Get rid of the Itching
A cold compress can help eliminate the itching or swelling from your hives.
- Acquire ice pack or wrap a few ice pieces in a washcloth or a towel.
- Hold it on your affected areas.
- Leave it on until your skin feels less itchy.
Warning: Don’t place the unwrapped ice on your skin because it increases the probability of frostbite.
Note: You can also wet a washcloth in cold water and use it to soothe your skin and remove itching.
One other option is using a package of frozen vegetables – Hold it for about 10 minutes on your hives.
3- Cool Bath for hives
It’s not only limited to the oral medications and topical treatments or remedies to help get rid of the discomfort, but a cool bath with an addition of grinded oatmeal in it can do a lot regarding the itching and burning from hives.
Follow these Steps:
- Prepare yourself for a cool bath.
- If you would like to soak, then soak in a tub filled with cool water and ground oatmeal to make it more effective.
- Rinse off with clean water.
- Do this process once a day at least.
4- Try Aloe Vera on Hives
Aloe Vera is another great remedy that works in almost every skin problem. It is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties and give calmness and soothes your skin.
Aloe Vera not only relieves the itchiness brought about the condition but also used to stop the inflammation of hives and other acne problems.
Follow the Steps:
- Acquire a freshly obtained leaf of Aloe Vera.
- Extract the juice out of it.
- Apply the extracted juice/gel directly on your hives.
- Let it stay for a whole night or 30 minutes at least.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Do this for minimum two times a day.
Note: You can use its cream, facewashes, ointments etc. in case you can’t get a freshly obtained leaf of Aloe Vera.
5- Worry Less Limit Stress
There are various non-scientific evidences that tell us about the connection between stress and the skin inflammation (Here we mean hives by inflammation). Whether it is ending or starting a new job, an unexpected death in the family, or relationship problems, these stresses can provide a friendly environment to the hives outbreak.
If this is your case, then try to relax yourself, because you deserve it. And it’s good for you.
There are various techniques by which you can easily relive your stress; A meditation technique, taking deep breaths, talking to your friends or those whom you care about face to face or on the phone call at least, Going for a minimum 30 minutes’ walk in green area, And the last but not the least is taking a good and undisturbed sleep.
I hope you would have a good idea by now about hives, its symptoms, causes of getting hives, how to get rid of hives fast and safely. Remember that each and every remedy doesn’t work for everyone, you should hit and trial until you find your best and working remedy for yourself that will banish the hives in no time and without giving an invitation to other skin problems—Because you are using natural remedies.
The key to success is in patience, be patient and consistent until you find a way to defeat your irritation and live hives free life. I hope I will hear some good news from your side in the comment box really soon! J
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, family, and relatives to spread the knowledge and to Thank me! Your one share will motivate me to work even harder in providing assistance to the world.