So you want to unclog or clean your blocked pores on the skin? If so, then you are the right place. In this post, I will be sharing some effective remedies to clear out your blocked pores on nose, face, cheeks, forehead, back, or on other parts of the body.
Table of Contents
Why Pores Get Blocked
There are several sebaceous glands situated deeper inside the skin, and their job is to generate oil (Sebum) and transfer it through your hair follicles (pores) to the outer layer of your skin. These glands produce oil for your skin’s good, to keep it moisturized and supple.
There are times when these glands become overactive and start producing more than the average amount of oil which then can’t be managed by your hair follicles and end up getting blocked.
Besides the pus, there are several other factors that can contribute to the clogging of your pores such as dirt, bacteria, and the dead skin cells.
How to Unclog Pores with Natural Remedies
1- How to unclog pores with Steam
Steam is probably the best and easiest remedy available to open up your pores fast. Steam will clean out the pores and will allow the impurities to wash away.
Follow these Steps:
- Put some water in a saucepan and cover it—Allow the water to heat up to the temperature where it can produce steam.
- Wash your face with a gentle face wash or soap or cleanser to get your skin clean without causing any irritation. And make sure to remove your makeup completely.
- You can use a bowl to steam up your face, or you can use the same saucepan in which you have heated the water.
- Use a towel to direct the steam towards your face for more efficiency.
- Do this for about 10 minutes— and then follow up with moisturizer.
- Make sure to wash again to clear up the loosen dirt and bacteria.
- This method should be done 1 or 2 times a week.
Note: Splashing with hot water should be avoided as it can burn your skin.
2- Exfoliate Your Face
You can exfoliate your skin to get rid of the clogged pores; mean to make it unclogged. Following two methods are:
Method 1: Dry Facial Brush
This is an ancient exfoliation technique that became quite popular recently. Buy a soft brush of which bristles are made of natural fibers. Before purchasing and using the brush on your face, be sure that it is made specifically for the facial use because body brushes are too harsh to be used on the face.
- Before using the brush, make sure that your face is washed, and the makeup is removed—And your face is dried because this method won’t work if both or any one of your face and brush is wet with soap or water.
- Carefully brush your face in small circular rotations. Focus more on the areas where the skin is drier.
- Be very careful with the eyes surrounding skin because it is the thinnest skin of your body and is fragile.
- Rinse your face with cool water and follow up with a moisturizer.
Method 2: Facial Scrub
You can buy cleansers, gels. Creams, and scrubs that have tiny particles for the exfoliation of your face at drugstores or beauty stores OR you can make your own scrub at home with sugar, honey, and green tea by taking the following steps.
- Place a few tablespoons of green tea in a bowl.
- Wait for it to cool down, then mix about one tablespoon of honey and the same amount of sugar in it.
- Concentrating on the most drier areas of your skin, apply the scrub and rub it carefully to exfoliate your skin—Be sure that you use it on a cleaned face.
- Rinse it with cool water and follow up with a moisturizer.
3- Egg’s White to Unclog Pores
Remember that you can also use the Egg White’s in order to get rid of the clogged skin pores, means to make it unclogged at home. Egg’s White has some amazing skin toning properties that will help unclog your pores, so then you can easily remove the impurities like dirt, bacteria, and the dead skin cells by washing your affected area.
Additionally, it will also make your skin softer and glowing.
Follow these Steps:
- Separate the White from the Yolk of an egg or two and stir the white well.
- Put it in your refrigerator for few minutes.
- Add some lemon juice to it to make it more effective.
- Apply the mixture on your skin where clogged pores are— and make sure to leave it for at least 15 minutes or until completely dry.
- Wash it off with clean water.
- Do this two time a day to see your desired results.
4- Baking Soda for Blocked Pores
This list of natural home remedies to unclog skin pores would be incomplete without Baking Soda. It is a highly recommended remedy especially for those having oilier skins. I am afraid you would have to stay away from this remedy if you have a drier skin already.
Well, Baking Soda can surely clean up your pores from the clogging causing bacteria and the dead skin cells. It also helps in maintaining the natural pH value of your skin.
Steps to Follow:
- Make a paste of Baking Soda with water— Amount of baking soda in the paste will depend on the skin type you have i.e. More baking soda for oilier skins and less baking soda in case of dry skin.
- Apply the paste on your affected areas and gently massage it for about 3 minutes.
- Wash it off with slightly warm water and pat your skin dry with a clean and soft towel.
- Do this no more than one time a week as Baking Soda is a strong drying agent and can severely dry up your skin if used often.
5- Acne Facial Mask
As you know that clogged pores cause acne and several types of pimples. For some people, facial masks are the best way to treat their pores as well as acne effectively.
Read this: Top 7 Most Effective DIY Homemade Acne Masks
Prevention is Better than Cure
It’s better to be safe than sorry— instead of searching for various treatment methods, why don’t make some changes in your daily routine to avoid getting clogged pores.
- Take a shower every day— Instead of showering at morning, I would force you on the showering before bed, because going to bed with all dirt, bacteria, and the dead skin cells would never be a good idea.
- Take a shower after every vigorous activity that can cause more sweat.
- Don’t ever go to bed without removing your makeup because sleeping with having makeup on your face will provide a clogging friendly environment, as oil is one of the primary cause of pores blockage.
- Avoid using oily skin products and start using products that say non-comedogenic on their labels because they contain Water or Minerals instead of oil in it.
- Eat healthy foods.
So these were some of the most widely used remedies to fight pores blockage and acne. I think this will be enough for the topic how to unclog pores. If you have any related questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments.
Also, please share your experience about acne and clogged pores in the comments.
Do Share this Article
Visit our HomePage for more healthful info.