Blackheads in the ear are awkward and annoying because it can give a so much false impression of your ear’s dirtiness, But the problem gets worse when pain is added to it. Yupe, Aural Pimples can be sometimes painful too.
The reason behind blackheads formation is the same as that for other types of pimples i.e Clogged Pores (or hair follicles). Blackheads are medically known as comedones (comedo if singular) and its black or darker gray color is because of oxidation of debris inside pores.
Blackheads can appear anywhere on your body, but in this article, I will be talking specifically about Aural Blackheads i.e blackheads in the ear, inside ear canal, behind ears, on cartilage, or on the earlobe.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Causes Blackheads in Ear?
- 2 Home Remedies to get rid of blackheads in ear Naturally
- 3 Make your own Natural Pore Strips to Eliminate Blackheads Instantly
- 4 Use Over-the-Counter Medications on Ear Blackheads
- 5 Instant Result Technique to Remove Ear Blackheads Quickly
- 6 How to Prevent Blackheads Formation in Ear?
- 7 Wrapping Up
What Causes Blackheads in Ear?
As mentioned before, the reason behind every type of pimple is the same, which is clogged pores.
The pores can get blocked due to the following reasons:
- When the sebaceous glands start generating more than the required amount of oil which your pores can’t manage to handle and thus get blocked.
- Eating unhealthy foods like fast foods, and spicy foods, etc.
- Hormonal changes occur in teenagers and Pregnant women.
- Pregnancy starting or stopping pills.
- Use of some medicines.
- Anxiety and depression
- Air Pollution
- Humid air
And the list goes on…
But the best part is that you can easily remove ear blackheads or even prevent it. There are certain Home Remedies and some other techniques available that can save your life.
Home Remedies to get rid of blackheads in ear Naturally
1) Warm Compress
If you are not so hastened about clearing out your aural blackheads instantly and want it to heal naturally, then opt for warm compress remedy.
How this actually works? Applying a warm compress on your ear spots will revive your skin’s blood circulation which will speed up the healing process.
Things You Will Need: A washcloth, some water, and a bowl.
Steps to Follow:
- Boil the water.
- Soak a clean washcloth in boiled water and then remove excess water from it.
- Hold it on your ear blackheads for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process several times a day to see real results.
- This method is slow but 100% safe.
2) Apply Lemon Juice to your Blackheads
Lemon is a great source of citric acid which works as a natural astringent that will clear up your pores and make the blackheads go away completely.
You can use Lemon Juice remedy in two ways.
Method 1: Use Pour Lemon Juice on your Blackheads
You will Need: 1 lemon, a cotton ball, and a small jar.
Follow the Steps:
- Clean your ear/ears.
- Extract the juice in a small jar.
- Apply the extracted lemon juice on your spots with a cotton ball, make sure to dilute it first.
- Allow it to dry or leave it overnight.
- Rinse it off with clean water.
- Apply a moisturizer on your skin.
- Do this one to two times a day to see the results.
Precautions: Ensure the dilution of lemon juice before applying on your Blackheads.
Avoid a direct sunlight as it can be very harmful to your skin if lemon juice is applied. For this purpose, you can wear a hat or sunscreen to protect your skin.
Method 2: Lemon Juice Scrub for Ear Blackheads
Things you will Need: Lemon Juice, Milk or rosewater, Salt, and a small bowl.
Follow these Steps:
- Create a mixture of Lemon Juice, Milk or rosewater, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add and mix Yogurt and Honey into it. (OPTIONAL)
- Apply and gently scrub your affected area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before washing off.
- Repeat this process daily, and I am sure I will hear some good news real soon. (In the comments)
3) Try Green Tea Solution to Remove Ear Blackheads
Green tea is not only helpful in losing weight and improving your brain functioning, but it is also very effective in removing acne.
Green Tea Leaves is high in astringent which will clear out your pores from bacteria and the dead skin cells and will keep you safe from future outbreaks too.
You Will Need: 1 tbsp. of green tea leaves or 2 green tea bags, some water, a clean and soft towel, a cotton ball, and a saucepan.
- Take a little amount of water into your saucepan and boil it.
- Place the tea bags or leaves in it and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can also add lemon juice to it. (This is Optional)
- Wait for its temperature to cool down.
- Clean your face with a cleanser of your choice and pat dry.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the solution on your blackheads and massage it gently for few minutes.
- Wash with water and repeat this method daily to see some magical results.
4) Try Toothpaste on your Blackheads in Ear
Really? Yes, because of some of its ingredients, toothpaste can also be used as an emergency blackheads removal.
I have written a detailed article about choosing a good toothpaste for your pimples or blackheads.
Know more about Toothpaste Remedy: Does Toothpaste Help Pimples? Separating Myths from Facts
Here’s how to use it:
- Clean your ear with any milder cleanser of your choice and pat dry.
- Apply a not-gel based toothpaste on your blackheads generously and scrub it gently with your fingertips.
- Consider using this remedy before sleep (leaving overnight) but if you can’t, then wait until it dries.
- Remove the paste and Rinse with lukewarm water.
Precaution: Toothpaste can irritate some sensitive skins. If it feels unpleasant to you, then avoid using it and move on to your next favorite remedy.
5) Tea Tree Oil for Treating Blackheads in Ear:
Tea Tree Oil has some amazing anti-bacterial and heals promoting properties that will clear your clogged pores by removing acne causing bacteria and the dead skin cells.
It also helps in preventing your skin from future blackheads formation.
Buy from Amazon for about $6 right now!
How to Use Tea Tree Oil on your Blackheads?
- Cleans your ear with an anti-detergent cleanser to remove excess oil (if there is any).
- Apply Tea Tree Oil on your dots with the help of a cotton ball or Q-tip.
- Let it stay for about 10 minutes before washing off.
- Do this two times a day.
You can also leave a tea tree oil-saturated cotton ball in your ear every night before hitting the bed to see better results.
6) Wonders of Honey
Honey can do wonders in almost every type of skin inflammation. Honey have some fantastic heal promoting properties whether if applied externally on wounds and cuts or consumed orally.
For treating ear blackheads, Manuka Honey is recommended, but ordinary honey can do the job as well. Buy from our recommended seller!
Follow these Steps:
- Generously apply it on your aural blackheads with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it stay for a while, minimum 20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
- Do this three times a day.
Make your own Natural Pore Strips to Eliminate Blackheads Instantly
Pore strip is made of something sticky and adhesive items. When you pull it off, you actually pull the sebum and bacteria out of the pores. So why don’t make it yourself with natural ingredients?
Follow the Steps:
- Make a mixture of 1 tbsp. of honey with the same amount of milk.
- Heat it up for five to eight minutes in a microwave.
- Wait for its temperature to cool down.
- Apply the mixture (thin layer) on your ear blackheads.
- Let it dry then remove the strip carefully.
- Wash your ear with cold water.
- Repeat this process daily until the blackheads go away.
Hey, do you want to skip all this DIY stuff? Don’t worry I have an amazing solution for you for a very favorable price. Order these strips from Amazon and start bashing your blackheads ASAP!
Remember that the pore strips are only used to remove blackheads, not to prevent its future production.
Tip: You can also make a pore strip by mixing Honey with Cinnamon, heating of which is not required.
Use Over-the-Counter Medications on Ear Blackheads
You can always use some over-the-counter medications like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acids or even some skin products that contain any one of them.
Both of them can work like a charm with your blackheads problem by killing the acne-causing bacteria and the dead skin cells.
1) Salicylic Acid
If you have sensitive skin then consider using salicylic acid on your blackheads affected area. Why salicylic acid on sensitive skins? That is because it works slowly and gently in healing your blackheads and very rarely causes redness or peeling.
Choosing products that contain both salicylic acid and glycolic acid might be a good idea for sensitive skins.
2) Benzoyl Peroxide
Use Benzoyl Peroxide on your black spots if your skin is not so sensitive. Why? Because it works really fast and is more effective than salicylic acid.
Although it can be harsh on your skin, but it is the most powerful over-the-counter product available to buy.
It’s irritation depends on the time you leave it on your skin as well as its strength (which ranges from 2.5 to 10%).
Choose a product that contains a lower percentage of benzoyl peroxide and reduce the time of keeping it on your skin if you experience irritations.
Precaution: Acne-prone skins are often sensitive which react to these products and can be unpleasant. If this is your case, avoid using them on your skin and stick to natural remedies.
Instant Result Technique to Remove Ear Blackheads Quickly
Though everybody loves natural home remedies for their skin’s good, but if you often experience acne or blackheads, you may know that sometimes you need instant solutions to get rid of those pesky bumps as fast as possible.
Comedone Extractor Tool Method
A comedone or blackhead extractor tool is a tool which is used to remove blackheads manually.
Step by Step method to remove Blackheads in Ear:
- Scrub your ear with a soft towel or cotton ball saturated with warm water to open up the pores.
- Make sure that your Blackheads Extractor Tool is free from bacteria; you can clean it with alcohol.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or wear vinyl gloves to make sure that there is no bacteria on your hands.
- Place the loop side of the extractor on your blackhead.
- Press the extractor down by applying equal pressure on all sides of it.
- Keeping pressing and don’t make yourself calm when a little bit of material comes out because blackheads and whiteheads occur deep inside the skin.
- After you satisfied that you have extracted the whole comedo, swipe the extractor and remove it.
- Protect your wound with an astringent and follow up with a moisturizer to keep it safe from drying.
- Wash the extractor with water or with a paper cloth and sterilize it before using again.
- Repeat the same process for removing other comedones.
Precaution: You should get help of somebody, preferably a professional as you can’t see what you are doing in the ear. This can lead to further infections or even scarring if not done properly.
Tip: You can use ice on your wounds instead of astringent for closing up the pores.
How to Prevent Blackheads Formation in Ear?
Blackheads on ear or anywhere on the skin are usually stubborn and won’t go away quickly.
Instead of searching for ways to get rid of them, why don’t prevent it from the start?
- Keep your ears clean.
- Avoid touching it with unwashed hands as it can transfer bacteria which may clog your pores.
- Exfoliate your ears regularly.
- Try not to use oily makeup products and start using non-comedogenic skin products as the excess oil are mainly responsible for clogged pores.
- Remove your makeup before bed.
- Don’t use uncleaned headphones especially if used by others.
- Avoid getting too much sunlight.
- Get daily exercise.
- Get your beauty rest.
Now, you may a have a good idea about how to get rid of blackheads in ear, how to remove them instantly with a blackhead extractor, and how to prevent.
But the key is to stick to one method at a time and wait for few days. If you don’t see any good result, then just chill and move on to another one because everything doesn’t work for everyone.
Don’t forget to tell us which method worked for you and which not.
Have you learned something? Do you appreciate my efforts in providing valuable content for you?
If Yes, then share this article on your social accounts to thank me! 🙂
Keep Visiting HealthPursue.com for more useful content!