Pimples are annoying for a lot of reasons, but it becomes worse when pain is added to it. Under the skin pimples aka blind pimples or Nodules are different than normal whiteheads or blackheads because it occurs deeper in your skin and real closer to the nerves. This makes them harder (not that harder) to treat as compared to other simple pimples like blackheads, whiteheads, papules, and pustules, etc.
These Hidden or Under the skin pimples usually appear behind the ear, on nose, neck, and sometimes on other body parts.
This how it looks like…
Table of Contents
- 1 Why does Acne Form?
- 2 Why do Hair Follicles get Clogged?
- 3 What can make the acne worse?
- 4 How to prevent Hidden or Under the Skin Pimples?
- 5 How to get Rid of Under the Skin Pimples?
Why does Acne Form?
As always, the reason for acne formation is the clogged pores. When the sebaceous glands produce more than enough oil and send it through your hair follicles, the follicles then get blocked due to that excess amount of oil and causing the bacteria, sebum and the dead skin cells entrapped.
Why do Hair Follicles get Clogged?
There are several reasons for blocking of hair follicles varying from the food you eat to the air you breathe.
- Teenagers are usually prone to acne because of the increase in levels of Hormones (also known as androgens) at puberty.
- Hormonal Changes in pregnant women during pregnancy, and taking pregnancy starting or stopping pills can also sometimes cause acne.
- One other reason is that Acne can also run in families, if your parents, brother or sister had acne then it increases the chances of getting acne for you.
- The use of certain medicines can also cause acne, including lithium and androgen hormones, etc.
What can make the acne worse?
- Use of oily skin products, such as make-up and moisturizers.
- Pollution and humidity.
- Picking or popping blackheads or whiteheads etc.
- Scrubbing your skin (while acne on it).
- Two to seven days before the period because of the change occur in Hormones in teenage girls.
- Stress or depression.
How to prevent Hidden or Under the Skin Pimples?
Why don’t take some preventative measures instead of searching for pimple treatments?
- Wash the affected Area: Wash your affected area at least twice a day. This will remove the excess amount of oil, dead skin cells, and the acne causing bacteria. Be gentle with it and use a soft washcloth to wipe smoothly with warm water.
Don’t scrub hard because the enlarged and stretched pores may rupture, and you don’t want to double the irritation, Do you?
Use a mild and oil-free soap because using an oily soap encourages the clogging of pores.
Keep your hairs off your skin if it can touch the pimple area. Because hairs can transfer oil to your skin, which can also cause the clogging of your pores. Else, wash it daily with any non-detergent shampoo.
- Avoid Popping a Pimple: Do not pop a pimple whether it is above or below the skin layer. What happens when you pick a pimple? The stretched pore inside your skin get burst, and the entrapped bacteria and dead skin cells make their way out which may affect the surrounding area or leave a scar.
Additionally, an open wound is more vulnerable to other infections.
- Protection from Sunlight: Exposure to the sunshine can also trigger an outbreak in some people. If you think the sunlight can cause acne on your body, then use moisturizer, cream or non-oily sunscreen to protect the affected area.
This is important when the sun’s UV rays are strongest, especially in the summer. You can also wear a hat to protect your face from sunlight.
Also, sunlight can cause sunburn, skin aging, and increases the risk of skin cancer.
- Using Oil-free skin products: Oil from your makeup can be added to your skin oil and may block your pores. Make sure that you don’t apply makeup on your pimples or only use the products that say non-comedogenic on their labels. That means those products are oil-free and have water or minerals instead of oil.
Wash and remove your makeup before bed to discourage the bacteria from clogging up your pores.
- Wear looser and lighter clothes: Make a habit of wearing looser and lighter cotton clothes to allow the movement of sweat. Tighter clothes will hold the sweat against your body that can block your pores.
- Take a shower before bed: Going to bed without bathing is really an unwise decision especially for those who often experience acne.
Taking a shower before bed will remove the dirt, oil, and bacteria collected by your body during the whole day. Else, they will clog your pores and transfer to your bed for creating problems in the future.
- Get Daily Exercise: Exercise is helpful in almost every health issue, but it can do wonders if you have acne. It will not only help with your fitness and stress relief, but it will encourage the opening of your pores for a stable oil flow.
- Get your Beauty Rest: Of-course stress plays a vital role in acne outbreak by creating instability in body processes and slowing down the diseases fighting activity, As acne is a result of Natural Skin Fights against diseases.
Taking a good sleep and other relaxation meditations will help in healing your acne naturally.
How to get Rid of Under the Skin Pimples?
1. Warm Compress to remove lurkers
If you are not hastened for going away of pimples under the skin and want to heal it naturally, then use Warm Compress method. A warm compress will increase the blood circulations in the affected area, which will speed up the healing process.
The aim is to bring out the hidden pimple’s head and make it heal faster naturally or by applying other Home Remedies to get faster results.
Follow the Steps:
- Soak a clean cloth in hot water.
- Hold the cloth gently to your pimples for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process several times a day until the head of the pimple comes out because of heat.
- This process may take few days to show results.
2. Use Toothpaste to get rid of Under the Skin Pimples
Many people think it’s kinda funny and I often receive emails in which they ask Does Toothpaste Get Rid of Under the Skin Pimples? Of Course YES. Toothpaste has some amazing healing promoting ingredients which kill the bacteria and germs and is used as an emergency pimple treatment.
Choosing a right toothpaste:
- Use toothpaste for treating papules that are white in color.
- Stay Away from the teeth whitening kinds of toothpaste.
- Avoid using Gel based toothpaste.
- Go for toothpaste that has zero or minimum amount of Fluoride.
Steps to follow:
- Place a small amount of toothpaste on pimples.
- Leave it on overnight or for one hour at least.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Warning: Don’t use toothpaste as an acne treatment if you have sensitive skin.
3. Use Honey to treat Hidden Pimples
Honey is not only sweet but an excellent healing product too, being used since ages to fight a variety of diseases. Honey is very helpful in Curing cuts, wounds, acne, and even scars.
How to use Honey for treating Pimples?
- Apply honey on your affected areas generously with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water.
- Repeat this process thrice a day for better results.
If you would like to buy the Original Manuka Honey, then check out our recommended seller.
Manuka Honey is recommended for this purpose, but If you can’t acquire one, using ordinary Honey will do the job as well.
4. Use Apple Cider Vinegar on your Pimples under the Skin
Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV has some fantastic antiseptic and disinfectant properties that kill the acne causing bacteria and remove dead skin cells.
They go deeper into the skin and opens up the clogged pores. It will also make your skin smooth and glowing.
Follow the Steps:
- Apply the Apple Cider Vinegar on your papules with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let is stay there for about 5 minutes, not more than that. Else, this may burn your skin.
- Do this once a day until your Under the skin pimples go away.
Want to order online? Check this out on Amazon.
Precaution: Dilute ACV with water if you have a sensitive skin.
5.Use Tea Tree Oil to heal your Pimples Fast
Tea Tree Oil also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that will kill bacteria and remove the dead skin cells. It prevents its further production also.
Also, the Tea Tree Oil works like a cleanser that goes deeper inside the skin and opens up the clogged pores.
Follow the Steps:
- Take 10% of Tea Tree Oil and mix it with 90% of water.
- Apply the mixture on your pimples with the help of a Q-tip.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Wash with clean and warm water.
- Repeat the process twice a day.
Warning: Must dilute the Tea Tree Oil (Amazon Link) with water before using it on your skin.
6. Try Lemon Juice on Lurkers
Everybody knows that Lemon is good for skin. Lemon is a great astringent agent that fight the acne causing bacteria and the dead skin cells because of the presence of citric acid in it.
Lemon will not only remove under the skin pimples but will work as a cleanser and remove the dirt to make your skin charm.
How to use Lemon to treat Papules?
- Extract the juice from one lemon.
- Apply it on your inflamed area using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes to get the best result.
- Do this twice or thrice a day.
Alright, this was it from our side for how to get rid of pimples under the skin, remember that pimples are different for everyone. The same way, remedies, and treatments will be different for many people and don’t lose hope if one method does not give you satisfactory results. Just Chill and move on to another one!
Share your thoughts, views, and experience with us in the comment box!
You need an immediate dermatologist’s assistance if you experience severe acne!
If you think I deserve your appreciation for my effort, then share this article with your friends, family, and relatives to spread the knowledge…Thank You!