There are tons of reasons why you get armpit rash. Sometimes you get it because of the food you eat, while it can be because of the perfumes or the detergents that you use for your clothes. So it is important for you to know what things you should do and what not to do, to ensure that the problem doesn’t get worse.
Underarm rashes are itchy and irritating and can keep your focus off important things such as studies or work. Sometimes these rashes take minutes to go away, but it can take months in some cases to heal completely.
In a nutshell, everybody wants to treat their rash under armpit and get rid of it as soon as possible, but you don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry I have compiled this post only for you.
But before we go for the treatment methods and options we have, let me tell you a little bit about these rashes which occur under arms.
Table of Contents
- 1 Symptoms of Armpit Rash
- 2 How to Get Rid of Armpit Rash with Natural Home Remedies
- 3 How to Prevent Rashes Underarms?
- 4 Wrapping Up
Symptoms of Armpit Rash
Symptoms of these rashes mainly depend on the cause of its appearance but anyhow, some of its general symptoms are:
- Hell of itching
- Tiny blisters in which pus may present
How to Get Rid of Armpit Rash with Natural Home Remedies
1- Lemon for Rash Under Armpit
Lemon is not just a good citrus food but it is also very effective in various skin conditions including rashes under armpits. The great thing about lemon is that it can be used as a deodorant.
Direction: Place a swipe of lemon on your rashes to remove them naturally—Repeat this process daily.
Precaution: Don’t use this remedy on your armpits if you have freshly shaved that area…I repeat, Do not use lemon on your freshly shaved area!
2- Try Hot Compress
The Hot Compress on your condition is useful as it promote drainage. It also can help relieve the itchiness brought about the condition.
Direction: Take a washcloth and soak it in hot water—remove the water. Compress and hold it on your rash underarm.
Do remember that you will need to use a clean and washed washcloth for the next time you want to use warm compress remedy.
3- Coconut Oil to get rid of the Rash under armpit
Coconut oil is not less than a precious gift of nature to the humanity. It is one of the most effective remedies that works in many skin conditions like acne, different kind of pimples, other inflammation, and of course rashes.
How to use it?
- Make a paste of the required amount of Coconut Oil and Baking Soda.
- Apply the paste on all over your rash.
- Let it stay for about 5 minutes and then wash it off with clean water.
4- Tea Tree Oil for rash
Tea Tree Oil comes with some excellent antiseptic and disinfectant properties that kill the bacteria and germs that are there to support the inflammation. It also promotes healing of the rash.
- Mix about one part of tea tree oil with the three parts of distilled water—Make use of a cotton ball and apply the mixture on your rashes. Leave it there for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it with clean water—Repeat this twice a day.
5- Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Underarm Rash
Also called as Cider Vinegar or ACV for short, is a remarkable remedy to get rid of the itching and swelling from rashes. Due to the acids it contains, ACV is a natural bacterial cleaner that clears your skin irritation and inflammation. It also provides protection for the skin problems from getting worse.
As you know that the pH value of your skin would be high during rashes and lower during no rashes, the acetic acid of ACV helps make it balanced.
How to use it?
- Mix equal amount of water and Apple Cider Vinegar to create a required volume of the mixture.
- Dab a cotton ball and apply it on your armpit rash. To make it more useful, consider taking a shower first.
- Rinse it off after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do this 2 to 3 times a day, and I am sure I am going to see the good news very soon (In the Comments J ).
6- Use Aloe Vera on Rashes
Another great remedy for treating your underarm rashes is Aloe Vera. It also kills the bacteria and germs that cause and spread the inflammation. It opens up the clogged pores to ensure the continuity of natural processes of the skin.
Steps to Follow:
- Extract the gel out of a fresh Aloe Vera leaf, or use its creams, lotions, ointments instead.
- Use a cotton ball and apply it on your rash under the armpit.
- Let it stay for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat this Aloe Vera remedy for 2 or 3 times a day.
7- Try Ice to remove the Itchiness
Applying ice can remove the itchiness and burning associated with the rashes and even may remove your rashes completely.
- Place a piece if ice or ice cube on your underarm rashes.
- Hold it there for few minutes.
- Do this often whenever required.
Note: I recommend the use of ice on your skin after enwrapping it in a clean washcloth or an icepack if possible—Because with the directly use of ice comes great chances of frostbite.
How to Prevent Rashes Underarms?
Why waste money and your energy on finding and trying various treatment methods to heal your rash under armpit, if you can simply avoid getting it by taking a little care in what you are already doing, or make small changes to your daily doings;
- Avoid scratching your rash.
- Keep your rashes prone areas of the body clean and please don’t ever leave it damp after showering, try to use a hair dryer or if you can’t or don’t have one, then use a clean towel for this purpose— and YES shower everyday OK?
- Your rashes may be a result of your allergy to some skin products, so if you suspect a rash is produced by the use of XYZ skin product, then simply don’t use that product in future, or consider visiting a dermatologist for further and in-depth assistance.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing if you often get rashes because tight clothes don’t allow your sweat to pass. Make sure you take a shower after every activity that causes more sweat.
- There are good chances that your underarm rash may be a heat rash due to hot and humid weather/climate. You can stop the occurring of heat rashes by the use of talcum powder in your armpits.
One other suggestion is to try to stay in cool places if the weather is hot and you are more likely to get rashes in the hot weather. Also, keep your sleeping area cool with an Air Condition or a Fan.
I must tell that the cause of getting rash under armpit or anywhere on the body is not same for EVERYONE—The same way each remedy will not work for everybody. So it’s a game of Hit and Trial. Use a remedy for few days and if you see good results then stick to it, but if you got unlucky (in this case)! Then don’t lose hope and try another one from the list.
But if any of the remedy is not showing good results even after trying for 1 to 2 weeks, then you should consult a dermatologist at earliest.
Stay Informed, Stay Healthy and Stay Happy!
Can you appreciate my efforts in providing all this information by sharing this article with your social networks?